Japanese soybean noodle soup
with chicken and shiitake mushrooms
Serves 4 persons
- 2 packets of Amaizin soybean noodles, white or green
- 2 eggs
- 300 g chicken thigh fillet, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- a piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 ½ l of boiling water
- 1 cube of mushroom stock
- 200 g of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pak choi or bok choi, chopped
- 4 tbsp (light) miso
- Japanese soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 100 g bean sprouts
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
Prepare the soybean noodles according to the instructions. Drain and rinse them with cold water in a colander and distribute over 4 bowls.
Boil the eggs for approx. 7 minutes. Rinse with cold water, peel and set aside in a bowl of water.
Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken with the garlic and ginger. Add the boiling water plus the stock cube and bring to the boil.
Add the shiitake and the pak choi.
Take a cup of the soup and stir in the miso. Pour back into the soup.
Taste and season with soy sauce.
Pour the soup into the bowls with the noodles.
Garnish with half an egg, spring onions, bean sprouts and red pepper.