Brown basmati rice with eggplant in hoisin sauce
- 200 g Amaizin brown basmati rice
- 200 g minced meat or vegetarian mince
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 2 aubergines, diced
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlc, finely chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- fresh coriander
For the hoisin sauce:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 tsp of Chinese 5 spice powder
- 125 g genmai or mugi miso paste
- 125 ml honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of (rice) vinegar
Cook the rice according to the instructions. Drain (if necessary) and set aside to cool.
Mix the mince with the sesame oil and the chili sauce and put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Prepare the hoisin sauce: gently fry the garlic in the oil, then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring. Take off the heat and set aside.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and brown the minced meat. Take it out of the pan and set aside. Add another tablespoon of oil and a tablespoon of hoisin sauce and fry the aubergines, red onion, garlic and ginger.
Add the rice and the minced meat to the pan. Add some more hoisin sauce to taste. Serve with fresh coriander.