Cambodian chicken curry
- 2 tbsp Amaizin Tikka Masala curry paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cans (800 ml) Amaizin coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon trassi (shrimp paste)
- 400 g chicken fillet, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- chicken stock (optional)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100 g green beans
- sea salt
Fry the curry paste until the fragrance comes out. Add 400 ml of the coconut milk to curry, bring to the boil and reduce till nearly solid.
Add the fish sauce and trassi and mix well. Add the chicken and potatoes. Add the other 400 ml of coconut milk and boil for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock if the sauce doesn’t cover all the chicken and potato. Add the palm sugar, curry powder, onion, beans and salt and simmer for 15 more minutes.
Serve with rice.